Tuesday, May 14, 2019

"Florida House Bill" Classmate Review

This post will be a discussion on a post made by fellow classmate, Elena McAdams. The post I'm referencing can be found HERE.

In the post, titled "Florida House passes bill that makes it harder for ex-felons to vote", Elena discusses recent developments in the Floridian senate focusing on the rights of convicted felons. This is a topic I haven't seen discussed much and honestly knew little about before reading Elena's article. However, she provided plenty of details and explained the situation so thoroughly that I now feel like I left her post with more knowledge than I came into it with. This is really helpful, as I know I do not keep up with the news very well and often, even when I am up to date, it's only on certain topics that receive the most publicity. In her article, Elena refrained from including any personal opinion, and this was also a nice touch. She simply presented facts. I believe I agree with the decisions being made in Florida, ensuring that felons may vote provided they complete the terms of their sentence. The way Elena laid out the facts was clear and concise, and allowed me to form my own opinion on the matter. I also appreciated how when facts were not known, this was elaborated on and explained. Overall it was a very informative piece by a fellow classmate, and I am happy to have read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment